"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news"...Romans 10:15

Thursday, March 23, 2017

MARCH 2017 UPDATE

Hello Dear Friend,

Melanie and I hope you are doing great! We just wanted to say hello and give you an update on what has been happening recently. I will try to be brief. We praise God for allowing us to start this first trimester loaded with amazing things.


As you may know all the month of January we had my mother (Ana), her husband of almost 30 years (Ire) and my sister (Anabella) staying at home with us since December 24th 2016. It was great to be able to host them as they needed a break of all the horrible things they are living in Venezuela. It was challenging for us as we don’t have a guest room in our house so Melanie and I happily gave them our bedroom and we slept in the sofas for 5 weeks. It is sad to know that they would like to leave their home and come live in the US at their mobile home they own here but financially it is impossible for them and us to make this happen. Please pray for a Miracle and that they can sell their home in Venezuela and God can provide a safer environment for them here. They are in their early 70s and would like to spend the rest of their life in peace.

Family members visiting from Venezuela (Ire first on the left, mom next to me holding my cousin with the yellow shirt

During our Language Production team retreat early January.













On February 1st  I took my family to the airport in Miami and as they got in the plane I also jumped into a plane via Chile and Paraguay. In Chile I was blessed to have great meetings with our Cru staff and leaders from other mission organizations as we are planning to make the JESUS film available for three people groups of Chile as well as the film Magdalena and the Children’s version in one of this three languages. I was able to travel in a small plane to the city of Temuco where I met with one of the translators of the Mapuche people group of Chile. While in Chile I also had the blessing to see my half-brothers who 6 months ago immigrated to Chile looking for a better future they can’t have in Venezuela. Please pray for them as they seek to validate their medical and dental degrees in a foreign country trying to make a living in the meantime and also don’t have a personal relationship with the Lord.

With my brothers Alejandro and Edgar III at the airport in Chile

With our Cru national Director/ JESUS film coordinator at the Temuco airport.





From Chile I took a plane to Paraguay where I also was blessed to be hosted by a group of missionaries who took me 6 hours into the country to meet with other key missionaries to start coordinating the translation of the JESUS film script into eleven languages, one of them spoken by almost 5 million people. This was my first time in Chile and Paraguay and I have to say that I feel blessed to be able to do this job of managing the translation and recordings of the film in this continent. I am very grateful to God for everyone that is making possible for us to serve full time making the word of God available in an audio visual format to many people that are lost in this part of the world.

Well, like I said in the beginning this trimester has been loaded with great things. Yes, also in February after a week of rest in Orlando, myself and three members of our ministry flew to Joyabaj Guatemala, where we completed the recordings of voices of the film in the Quiche Joyabaj language. There I was also able to meet with the entire Cru Guatemala staff and give them an update our language translation work in the region. It is funny but by my return home on March 3rd I was in pain after our three hours on curvy mountain rocky roads trips from Guatemala City to Joyabaj, where members of our team even threw up during the ride. Well I was able to take this ride four times in a week….ouch.

This was the best part of the road hehe


Meeting with our missionaries friends at the studio where we will be recording one of the Paraguay languages

Our recently trained group of technicians (two from Mexico, two from Peru and one from Guatemala).

Quiche Joyabaj voice recording participants receiving their certificates of participation.














March I am resting from traveling but not for my team mates who I sent to Sao Paulo Brazil to finally do the voice recordings of the “Rivka” series and the JESUS Simplified Narration version of the film in Brazilian Portuguese. Please pray for them as they finish the recordings this weekend. Pray that God makes an impact on the studio staff who is providing the voice actors and facilities for us to record. They are a non-Christian studio and staff so pray for divine conversations. This month I have also been working on the production agenda for the rest of the year and next five years.

Early this month (March 10th) our daughter Morgan turned 18 years old. Later this month Melanie will have a birthday (March 26th) and myself as well (March 28th). We can’t disclose our age hahaha. Thank you God for giving us another year of life!

Currently, I have hundreds of language versions of the film to manage as we as a global team seek to make the film available in all the remaining languages that don’t have the gospel in their languages. It is challenging to accomplish all this without help. Please pray with me as I am asking God for a team member that can speak Spanish and know the culture. A current staff member is considering joining me in the region. Her name is Meghan and her parents have been missionaries for many years with Cru. She is fluent in Portuguese and Spanish as she lived 8 years in Portugal and also served 8 years in Costa Rica. She is feeling lead to join us but is currently having health issues that are hindering her decision. Pray that God will heal her completely and that He guides her to join our team.

If you had the chance to read this far please WATCH this VIDEOS from the trip to Guatemala and an amazing testimony from a missionary friend. You will be amazed… 





So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless... 1 Corinthians 15:58 (NLT).


Edgar Rodriguez
The JESUS Film Project
Language Production Manager
Latin America & the Caribbean
Cell: 407-480-0997
Off.: 407-515-4471
Skype: edgar.rodriguez17



No comments:

Post a Comment